Grand Master Samer Kamal
About Samer KamalIn 1966 a champion was born! It took many hours of practice, hard work, dedication and high spirits for Samer to became a national champion in 1982. Medals started becoming the reward for his dedication. Marking one of his biggest accomplishments, Samer Kamal won the bronze medal in Taekwondo in Seoul 1988 Summer Olympics. He was the first Jordanian athlete to get an Olympic medal for Jordan. This gave many Jordanians pride in his achievement during the 1980s. Samer Kamal is a holder of a 9th Dan Black Belt since 2017, is a 1st Class international referee since 1999 and an international trainer since 1990. Other than at work, Samer is active in many sports communities. In 2009, he was named an executive board member of the World Olympians Association (WOA). In November 2011, Samer become president of the Asian Olympians Association (AOA). And, Samer Kamal is a proud new honorary advisory member in the Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters). In 1990, Samer opened Champions Taekwondo Center, his first Taekwondo school in Jordan. 22 years later, Champions Martial Arts was established in Canada, Mississauga, Oakville and Stone Creek. With all his experiences, discipline, leadership and practice, Samer has promoted more than 3500 black belt students worldwide to date.
- 9th Dan Black belt Kukkiwon (2021)
- 9th Dan Black belt Chung Do Kwan (2017)
- 1st Class International Referee (1999)
- World Taekwondo Level 1 and Level 2 International Instructor
- President of the Arab Canadian Sports Association Since September 2021.
- President of Asia Oceana Olympians Association since November 2011.
- Executive Member of the World Olympian Association from November 2009 until November 2011.
- Chairman of Business Affairs Committee of the World Olympian Association from February 2010 until November 2011.
- Vice president and founding member of the Jordan Olympian Association from the year 2004 until now.
- One of the Founding Board Members and executive board member of the International Jordanian Athletes Cultural Association 1993 until now.
- Member of the World Taekwondo Federation Games Committee from the year 2005 up till 2008.
- Member of the Jordanian Taekwondo Federation from the year 2000 until April 2006.
- Secretary General of the Jordan Taekwondo Federation in the year 2004.
- Member of the Technical Committee of the Jordanian Olympics Committee from the year1999 until 200.2
- Chairman of the Jordanian Taekwondo Technical Committee from the year 2001 until 2002.
- Member in the Jordanian Taekwondo Technical Committee from the year 2002 until 2003.
- Member in the Jordanian Taekwondo Promotion Test Committee from the year 1992 until 2003.
- Member of the Jordanian Korean Friendship Association since 1999.
National Taekwondo Championships
- Jordan’s Champion for the years: 82,83,84,86,87,88, and 89
- Jordan Universities Champion for the years: 83,84,85,86, and 87
- Jordan Military Champion for the years: 88 and 89
Participated in the following International TKD Championships
- Asian Taekwondo Championships – Singapore 1982
- World Taekwondo Championships – Copenhagen (Denmark) 1983
- Asian Taekwondo Championships – Manila (Philippines) 1984
- Asian Championships – Australia 1986 \ BRONZE MEDALLIST
- World Cup Championships – Colorado (USA) 1986
- Asian Games – Seoul (Korea) 1986 \ SILVER MEDALLIST
- World University Championships – (USA) 1986 \ SILVER MEDALLIST
- Belgium International Championships 1988
- Olympic Games – Seoul (Korea) 1988 \ BRONZE MEDALLIST
- Luxembourg International Championships 1989 \ GOLD MEDALLIST
- Belgium International Championships 1989
- World Games – Germany 1989
- World Championships – Seoul (Korea) 1989